Hardwood floors are an investment in the worth of your house; protection of those floors is important in an effort to retain the beauty of your funding for years to come. Simple steps may be taken that may provide really big pay offs in the long run by permitting you to keep away from the expensive and time consuming process of refinishing your floors more often. It is usually essential to remember that every time your floors are refinished you might be truly removing a number of the wood that makes up your flooring. The less grinding you need to do to your hardwood floors, the longer they have the potential to last.
Must-Do Hardwood Floor Protection Suggestions
1) Use rugs and carpets in an effort to protect highly traveled areas of your floors. By using carpets and rugs in high site visitors areas, you might be minimizing the publicity of your floors to actual damage not only from traffic but in addition drops, spills, splatters, and any exposure to dirt and other debris that the carpet shields your floors from.
2) Place rubber mats in entrance of sinks or tubs to prevent pointless publicity to water in these areas. Water may not only warp your hardwood floors it may cause stains or ‘water spots’ which can be very unappealing.
three) Use a dehumidifier in bathroom floors so as to remove moisture from the air and limiting the publicity your wooden floors must that moisture. This will even help limit the swelling and contracting of your floors as a result of humidity and steam.
4) By no means wear shoes that can damage your hardwood floors on them. Heels, golf shoes, and any other shoes with either cleats are scratchy bottoms can carry all sorts of problems to your beautiful hardwood.
5) Trim the nails are of your dogs and cats so as to prevent pointless scratches to your hardwood floors. If you happen to can hear their nails on your floors, it’s time for a trim.
6) Use protectors on the legs of all furniture to protect your floors.
7) Never drag furniture throughout your hardwood floors. Should you must move it, use a hand truck or have a buddy make it easier to lift the furniture earlier than moving it. Should you must drag furniture throughout the floor, slide a small rug beneath the legs of your furniture earlier than moving it.
Keep in mind that when it involves protecting your hardwood floors from damage, each ounce of prevention is worth a lot of money in a cure.